A common phrase within the IT security world is, “Trust, but verify.” A network review can help organisations to verify what they believe is happening within their environment from an independent perspective.
Companies should always verify what your monitoring tools are reporting. Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools like Kaseya, N-Able and others are great for managing networks, but they can’t monitor assets that don’t have their agents running on them. This analysis will help you identify all machines in your environment and ensure there are no weak links in your environmental chain. Complete Cloud Solutions offers a wide range of reviews to ensure there are no weak links within your business chain.
The Network Assessment gives you the broadest insights of any IT environment. It conducts a deep-dive network analysis to assist you to understand and better document your environment. The reports also allow organisations to confirm the tools and practices they currently have in place are operating correctly and gathering the information they are designed.
- Verify what your monitoring tools are reporting. Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tools like Kaseya, N-Able and others are great for managing networks but they can’t monitor assets that don’t have their agents running on them. This report will help you identify all machines in your environment.
- Identify problems before they become issues. The Network Assessment not only finds and identifies machines on the network it actually issues and anomalies, and recommends possible solutions before the problem becomes an issue.
What the Assessment Entails
Our scanning tools are easy to use and agent-less. They simply require:
- A domain administrator to run them
- WMI enabled on the target machines
- Someone with knowledge of the environment to complete the scan wizard
If you are unable to use WMI within your environment or have a mixture of operating systems (Windows/Mac/Linux) an agent can be run on each target machine to collect the data.
The Network Assessment offers a comprehensive set of reports consisting of the following elements:
- Environmental Risk Summary
- Full Detail Report
- Asset Detail Report
- Excel Export Report
- Change Management Report
- BDR Assessment Report
If you would like to see what the end result looks like, click here to download a sample. The sample includes:
- Client Risk Report. The report presents you with a summary of their overall risk score based on your scan, along with simple charts to show the problem areas.
- Network Management Plan. This report will help prioritize issues based on the issue’s risk score. A listing of all affected computers, users, or sub-systems are provided along with recommended actions.
- Full Detail Report. The scan will pull out literally hundreds of pages of end-user network activity and configuration data. The Full Network Assessment Report includes every detail, presented in line-item fashion in an editable report document. The report is organized by section with a table of contents to help you locate the specific findings of interest, and problem areas are conveniently highlighted in red, making it easy to spot individual problems to be rectified.
- Site Diagram. A site diagram breaks down and categorizes all of the assets available on the network. The schematic shows the basic network structure, with convenient drill downs into each group of like workstations. Each device is annotated with important identifying configuration information and is color-coded based on its status.
- Asset Detail Report. For each network scan, this report provides detailed information on each of the individual assets discovered by Network Assessment. The report is ideal for cataloging and documenting the complete settings and configurations for individual workstations and servers.
- Full Detail Change Report. Everyone knows that a computer network is a dynamic environment and as such is constantly changing. And a Network Assessment is only a snapshot of the network status at the time the assessment is run. That’s why we include a valuable Network Assessment Comparison Report. Every time you run an assessment on a your network, the software generates a unique encrypted data file containing all the findings. Complete Cloud Solutions can then generate a report that compares the results of any two network scans, and highlights everything that has changed.
- Excel Analysis Export/Report. An output all of the assets and configurations uncovered by the scan, and export it into an Excel file format. Once in Excel, you’ll be able to take the data and import it into your own reporting tools to create your own custom sorts, analyses, reports and graphs inside of Excel.
- Quarterly Business Review Report. This report compares one time period to a previous one forming the basis for a Quarterly Business Review meeting. It centres on changes rather than detailed data and shows overall trending. Use this report to assist with your internal “face-to-face” meetings to assist your team and sponsors to understand the ever changing landscape.
- BDR Needs Analysis Report. This report presents an analysis of the Backup/Disaster Recovery needs for an environment. This report includes both discovered information regarding the storage needs of an environment along with analysis of both onsite and offsite backup requirements.
This scans are the same for everyone however Complete Cloud Solutions have broken our service down in to three categories which allows you to select the best one for your organisation.
This is the cheapest of the three offerings however still covers all aspects that are shown on this page. This is simply to ensure that you are left as aware as possible without having to pay for engineers to come in and run the scans for you.
This type of scan is ideal for organisations who have an IT presence or capable person who can run the scan themselves. The scan results can then be delivered securely to Complete Cloud Solutions and from their it will be analysed and the reports compiled and sent back to you.
Full instructions will be provided. The cost of this service is a one off $300
This is primarily aimed at organisations who either don’t have an internal team to handle the scans or simply don’t have the time to complete the checks.
To complete this Complete Cloud Solutions will send a qualified engineer to site to run through the scan. They will require:
- A workstation to use for the scan
- Access to the network
- An account that has WMI access to the local workstations and servers
- An account that has read access to active directory
- An account that has internet access
If required Complete Cloud Solutions can deploy agents to machines where WMI is un-achievable.
The cost for this service starts at $500 but depends upon the complexity of the environment.
No business or organisation with a computer network is immune from the threat of data breaches, unauthorised access, and malicious activities performed from INSIDE the firewall. In fact, more than 70% of all cyber-security incidents were the result of internal security issues that no firewall, anti-virus, or malware device could have prevented.
These attacks do not just take place against large, well-known corporations. While those are the big stories that make the evening news, 60% of all cyber-security incidents happen to small companies.
For more information on this service, visit the managed security services page, here.